Sunday, November 2, 2014

Every Bitter Thing is Sweet by Sara Hagerty


I was first introduced to the concept of adoration through Sara's instagram account this summer. Immediately I was hooked on the idea of taking Scripture and turning it into praise and adoration. God's Word reveals so many truths about the character of God and it's nurturing to my soul to declare who God is each and every day based on Scripture.

In her book, Sara recounts her struggle with the reality of barrenness and how God continually worked in her life to create her into who HE wanted her to be. The story of her vision for her life, the first days and years of marriage, the growth of her family through adoption and finally the healing of her womb and answered prayers. 

Adoration is such a simple thing that anyone can put into daily practice. Like naming and listing God's blessings (One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp), this simple act of praising and adoring God is life changing. As your paradigm shifts, you will begin to focus on the sweetness and goodness of God in all things. 

Putting this into practice in my own life has helped frame my days and attitude when it needs an adjustment. It was an honor to read the story behind the idea of adoration.

I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook bloggers program in exchange for an honest review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment