Friday, October 24, 2014

The Sacred Year by Michael Yankoski


When author Michael Yankoski witnessed the dual personality of a Christian pastor, he realized he was frustrated with his own life as a Christian motivational speaker. He set out on a year long journey to be more intentional about his faith. Guided by Father Solomon, a local monk, he began practicing several different spiritual disciplines and found a richer, more meaningful faith walk.

Practically speaking, the book is organized into three different sections: depth with self, depth with God and depth with others. Each section has six chapters that give a specific area of growth with personal stories and practical ideas woven throughout.

I really enjoyed the book and it's given me much to think about. I did read through it fairly quickly, but it's also the kind of book that could be read through slowly, giving time between chapters and sections to implement the practices into your own life.



I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook bloggers program in exchange for an honest review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment