Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Wall Around Your Heart ~ Mary DeMuth


In her new book The Wall Around Your Heart, Mary DeMuth walks through the Lord's prayer phrase by phrase, using it as a map and guide to find healing caused by painful relationships.

Having been in the midst of a painful relationship for the past four year, I am finding the words of hope in this book to be a balm to my soul. First, I must choose to pray. Prayer is an act of worship, and when I choose to worship God through prayer, God invites me into community.

By following the example of prayer God gives us in the Lord's prayer, we cover everything we could possibly need....praise, supplication, repentance and an awareness of who God is.

This is a powerful book full of personal stories and examples of hope. I'm sure I'll find myself coming back to it often.

I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment