Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Beauty of Broken by Elisa Morgan


I love knowing I'm not alone when it comes to thinking I'm broken - that my family's broken. I love it when people of influence are honest with the rest of us and show us their brokenness. I don't love that they are broken...I just love knowing that brokenness is common.

In this book, former CEO of MOPS International Elisa Morgan, share her story of brokenness with us. She shares how her first family was broken and how she determined to keep her second family from brokenness. She didn't succeed. Both of her adopted children made decisions out of her control.

This book covers so many things that most of us would like to keep out of our lives.

Alcoholism, drug addiction, infertility, adoption, teen pregnancy, abortion, divorce, homosexuality and death.

Yet, despite our best attempts to keep these things at bay, people make choices and we are faced with situations we never dreamed would be part of our lives.

The overall message of this book is that God uses our brokenness to reshape us and mold us into who He wants us to be. There is beauty in the broken.

I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment