Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Desperate ~ Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe


If you are a mom, you need this book. It doesn't matter what stage of motherhood you are currently in, this book has something for everyone.

Written by Sarah Mae, mother to three young kids, and Sally Clarkson, mother to four adult kids, this book offers perspective on so many areas of motherhood. Each chapter begins with a question from Sarah Mae - a plea for help from a young, desperate mom. And Sally responds with so much wisdom and encouragement. Then both take turns address the subject at hand in each chapter.

One of the things I loved about this book is the link to small videos where Sarah Mae and Sally discuss the chapter even further. It's fun to hear them talk and to watch them interact.

With my own girls nearing the middle years, I was encouraged by this book to reach out to mothers who are just starting out and who have little ones. I get plenty of sleep now, and I have the housework under control.... I don't need to reach out with advice, but with practical help. I can take a meal and clean a house. I can give a desperate mom a break and a chance to breathe (which is what she really needs!).

I love this book, and although I wish I had it 8 years ago when I began my parenting journey, I appreciate the timing of its presence in my life.


I received this book free form the publisher through the BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment