Monday, December 13, 2010

Voices of the Faithful


I usually try to steer clear of devotionals and spend my reading time in the Word of God, but this collection of missionary stories intrigued me. I have enjoyed studying God's Word through several of Beth Moore's studies and was excited to see her role in this devotional.

This daily devotional is divided into categories or themes by month. The topics covered include God's Character, God's Word, Prayer, God's Grace, Witnessing, Persecution, God's Working, Contentment, God Before Me, Spiritual Warfare, Compassion and Christmas Around the World. Beth Moore introduces each month's theme in her own style of writing. Each daily reading starts with a Bible verse, a short testimony from a missionary and ends with a prayer.

I am excited to add this book to my collection of resources. With my strong interest in global missions and my desire to expose my children to inspiring, challenging, real stories, this will be a book our entire will enjoy for many, many years.

I received this book free form the publisher through the BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment