Sunday, November 21, 2010

Adventures in Booga Booga Land

Today I am reviewing this new DVD from Tommy Nelson. I was excited to receive my copy of Stories from the Parables of Jesus, but very disappointed when we watched it. The three stories include main characters Gerald the giraffe and Marty the monkey. The stories to parallel the parables, but there is no explanation of the parable - just the story. I felt this resource was really lacking in teaching children the meanings of the stories.

The three episodes and parables on the DVD are:
1. So this is Booga - The Workers in the Vineyard / Matthew 20:1-16
2. Marty's Sandcastle - The Wise and Foolish Builders / Matthew 7:24-27
3. No Light in the Lighthouse - The Lamp Under the Bowl / Matthew 5: 14-16

I received a free copy of the video in exchange for my honest, unbiased opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment